Keeping your information secure on the internet is important in the digital age. Google Good to Know gives you five tips for making sure your information stays safe and your computer virus free. The site reminds you to:
1. Create safe passwords and change them twice a year.
2. Enable 2-step verification of password accessed sites.
3. Update software when prompted because updates often contain important security fixes.
4. Beware of suspicious sites that resemble authentic ones.
5. Scan your computer regularly for viruses and malware.
Watch a video on how to perform these five tasks at http://www.google.com/goodtoknow/online-safety/