Welcome to the conversation!

Join historical novel writer Marilyn Weymouth Seguin here every week for conversation about digital tools you can use for researching, writing, revising, publishing and promoting your work! Buy the eBook at this link.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Finding images for your historical fiction

Recently, I was looking for some public domain images in the National Archives that I might be able to include in my book about Marie Peary, daughter of the Arctic explorer.  There, I stumbled across a tool called Pathways Challenge that allows a registered user to create posters or videos of material in the National Archives digital vaults.  The free tool was probably created for educators and their students to teach and learn about primary resources and history, but writers of historical fiction (and nonfiction) will find the tool useful as well. Users can search by title or tag and they can make lists of their online collections.  I found the tool a useful portal for discovering images of the people about whom I am writing .

No comments:

Post a Comment