Welcome to the conversation!

Join historical novel writer Marilyn Weymouth Seguin here every week for conversation about digital tools you can use for researching, writing, revising, publishing and promoting your work! Buy the eBook at this link.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bookshelves

Recently my publisher decided to forego the publishing of print books for eBooks.  It is cheaper I suppose, and technology enables readers to download reading material instantly. My last book was published as an eBook, in fact.  All of my print books are now available as eBooks.  It makes me a little sad to think that I will never be able to hold one of my books in my hands again.
Although I own a Kindle and an iPad on which I have downloaded many books, I do prefer to hold a paper book in my hands.  I like the smell of the ink and the way the pages feel.  I like the sound of those pages when I turn them. I like to organize them on my bookshelves at camp, and I like the way the colors of the covers brighten the room. 
You can see my bookshelf here.





When I am visiting others folks’ homes, I like to explore their bookshelves to see what they like to read. That’s why I was delighted to find a website called Breathing Books devoted to showcasing photographs of other readers’ bookshelves. Call me old fashioned.
Here is the link for bookshelf voyeurs: http://breathingbooks.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment