Welcome to the conversation!

Join historical novel writer Marilyn Weymouth Seguin here every week for conversation about digital tools you can use for researching, writing, revising, publishing and promoting your work! Buy the eBook at this link.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Learn by watching rather than reading

Recently I found a wonderful tool for research at snagfilms.com.  You can access free documentary films to view from this site.  I downloaded a free app that allows me to view films on my iPad, but you can view them on a computer as well.  I tried the site tool “movie matcher” that allowed me to narrow my search.  I was interested in the history of the “go green” environmental movement in the U. S. (you can also find Canada, UK and international documentaries using this tool), so I clicked on “go green” and “history” and the tool located six results for me.  This might be a hit or miss way to research something you want to write about, but if you like to get your information via film rather than via reading, it might be worth a try as a research aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment